This item is large, and may take some time to
The deck is based on the anime Howl's moving castle (Hauru no Ugoku Shiro).
It was made using sub2srs, but each card was checked manually.
All Furiganas are checked to avoid mistakes made by the Japanese Support add-on.
All names are put in brackets for more accurate results with Morphman.
You can practice listening and reading skills.
- All the japanese sentences from the movie
- The english subtitle (not a direct translation from the japanese sentence)
- Screenshot and japanese audio from each sentence
- Definition for each word.
- The Front card will display audio, the screenshot, and your target word as a hint.
- The Back card will display the english subtitle. Keep in mind it's not always a direct translation of the japanese sentence.
- The website ichi.moe is directly embedded in the card style, and will analyse the sentence, giving the definition for each word.
- The cards are ordered chronologically in the default field "ID".
- There is a kanji pop-up dictionary included. Click on any kanji in the card, it will give you extra information.
You can choose which information to display by editing the card, there are instructions in the css part.
It may stop working with future anki updates.
- Dont forget the necessary Japanese Support addon.
- Deck works on phone and anki-web too.
HOW TO USE
- I use this card template with the Morphman addon and the Migaku Dictionary addon.
You can use the deck without them. Fields will only appear on the card if they are filled out.
Use the Expression field to analyze the cards.
The field for Focus morph is called "Morph" in this card style. Make sure it matches Morphman Preferences, or rename the field accordingly.
Morphman will automatically fill out the target field on the card.
To add definitions, just select the word during reviews, and use Ctrl+S to open up Migaku dictionary. You can fill up the "Definition" field.
In the browser mode, you can select all your cards with a target word add all the definitions at once.
V2 - 26/10/2020
Card template updated
V1 - 01/10/2020
OTHER DECKS on Anki Web
- Study : Kanji, Grammar, Vocabulary
- Reading: Manga (Yotsuba), Games (Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest)
- Listening : Anime, Pimsleur
Some decks for anime are too big to be posted on Anki web.
I've compiled all my resources on my website.
You can find hundreds of anime, manga, games ordered by difficulty, direct links to their anki decks; links to video-game japanese scripts, guide on how to study japanese, links to ressources for studying, and various tutorials to help you along the way.
If you have any issue, you can use the contact author button, reach me on reddit, I'm Jo Mako, or on Discord.
Sample (from 931 notes)
Cards are customizable!
When this deck is imported into the desktop program, cards will appear
the deck author has made them. If you'd like to customize what appears
the front and back of a card, you can do so by clicking the Edit
then clicking the Cards button.
私は呪いは かけられるけど 解けない魔女なの。
My gifts lie in casting spells, not breaking them.
私[わたし]は 呪[のろ]いは かけられるけど 解[と]けない 魔女[まじょ]なの。
She's even cuter when she's mad.
(カルシファー) (ハウル)が言ってたわ (ハウル)は大切なものを あなたに渡したって。
Calcifer, Suliman told me that Howl has given you something very precious.
I love this deck so much! It was so much fun to go through, just like rewatching the movie while learning a lot. It is amazing that such a great deck with audio, Kanji + furigana and Image ist shared here for free!
i didnt know these existed. if youre an intermediate to advanced learner its a really fun way to learn
I didn't know this typ of deck existed, but it's extremely helpful.
Thank you for sharing this.