→ 2800 Hindi sentences sorted by difficulty [with audio]
This item is large, and may take some time to download.
Sample (from 2848 notes)
|sentence||यह गाड़ी जापान में बनी थी।|
|translation||This car was made in Japan.|
|sentence||टिकट भूलना मत।|
|translation||Don't forget the ticket.|
|sentence||जब मैं उसके घर पर रही, उसने मुझे रहने के लिए एक बड़ा सा कमरा दिया।|
|translation||She gave me a large room while I stayed at her house.|
After the file is downloaded, double-click on it to open it in the desktop program.
At this time, it is not possible to add shared decks directly to your AnkiWeb account - they need to be added from the desktop then synchronized to AnkiWeb.
I greatly appreciate all the work that goes into creating decks like these, as it's very time consuming; however, I'd like to point out a few things as someone who is a hindi speaker, (my parents both speak to me in it)
1) The audio isn't correct. The voice mispronounces certain words, "over" pronounces others. Certain audio has weird sounds
- Yeh vs Yahan. The audio pronounces Yahan as Yeh. The former means 'where' while the latter means 'here'.
- sochlo vs "sochalo". The former is correct, the latter is being over pronounced by the audio. This sentences means "think/think about it"
- mein *SHK* Aunga. This means *I'll come*. There is an interruption in the audio represented by the SHK sound
- hamara kyau. this is simply incorrect. It should be "hamara kya hoga" - what will happen to us. Not sure why the audio cut short there.
2) Certain translations could be more accurate. However that isnt your fault, each sentence has different meanings depending on context and can be interpreted differently. Some simply dont have clean cut english translations
- Araam sey ao, doesnt just mean "take your time". It also frequently means "come carefully". Take your time could be more accurately said as "koi jaldi nahin hai"which translates literally to "there is no rush aka take your time"
This deck is great for people like me who have 'an ear" for hindi and need to pick out certain things/sentence constructions to learn, as the sentences are grammatically correct. however, for a beginner it could be very misleading as it wont be giving the beginner good pronunciation, nor correct translations.
Again! Thank you for your effort. There are very few hindi resources outside of just binging bollywood movies so I appreciate that!
Tried multiple hindi fonts but none of them works.
So, please tell us.
Edit/Update: Yes it works fine in Anki 2.1 and Anki Web!