Minimize to tray
As add-ons are programs downloaded from the internet, they are potentially malicious. You should only download add-ons you trust.
- 2.1.0-2.1.27 (updated 2021-12-14)
- 2.1.28-2.1.49+ (updated 2021-12-14)
To download this add-on, please copy and paste the following code into Anki 2.1:
If you were linked to this page from the internet, please open Anki on your computer, go to the Tools menu and then Add-ons>Browse & Install to paste in the code.
All Anki 2.1.x Add-Ons Contact Author
P.S. For the work of the plugin, I had to reboot the program.
It would be better to have the GUI operations more consistently designed (I use it on macOS):
1. Click the tray button will show the window, no matter it is currently unfocused, hidden or minimized. Currently clicking the tray button and select show all windows sometimes does nothing, maybe because the window is unfocused.
2. It would be better to make the default action of clicking tray icon as toggle visibility, rather than click the "show all windows" menu entry. Having a good minimize to tray function is good enough to eliminate quiting Anki for most time, so the minimize to try should be the major and most frequently used feature.
If I understand correctly the desired behaviour should be:
- Click X > Minimize to tray
- Click tray + Windows shown and focused > Does nothing (windows remain visible and focused)
- Click tray + Windows shown and unfocused > Focus it
Regarding the 'hidden' state, I guess it is a Mac feature, but probably should be taken care of by Qt if this is implemented correctly.
i have anki2.0.29 and it doesn't work on it...
Hi, I would give it 5 stars if there's that feature. Actually, I just wanna hide the main windows while I'm adding new words ^^