Kanji grid (modified)0.05MB. Updated 2017-10-05. Only supports Anki 2.0.x.
As add-ons are programs downloaded from the internet, they are potentially malicious. You should only download add-ons you trust.
To download this add-on, please copy and paste the following code into the desktop program:
If you were linked to this page from the internet, please open Anki on your computer, go to the Tools menu and then Add-ons>Browse & Install to paste in the code.
Other Anki 2.0.x Add-Ons Ask a Question
Also, the lookup in the dictionary when clicking on a Kanji picture is not working with all the different sorting methods. Sometimes it goes to jisho.org, which is working, sometimes it goes to " http://users.monash.edu/~jwb/cgi-bin/wwwjdic.cgi?1MMJ%E6%B0%B4 " , which is not working
I am highly looking forward to a fix.
- The global check should be OPTIONAL, I had to modify my secondary decks in order to exclude them from the total kanji count, which forces me to sync all over again;
- Information on the add-on is still outdated (since 2010, I assume), as 谒 and 祸 are Chinese and not jinmeiyou (the add-on doesn't recognize the correct ones as kanji, respectively 謁 and 禍). Then, some recent kanji such as 勺銑脹錘匁𠮟剝巫 are treated as hyougai (their older form is displayed instead) and there is a few other discrepancies between what constitutes a jouyou and a jinmeiyou, with some recent changes being overlooked. See 塡 (actual jouyou, but listed as jinmeiyou) and 填 (now hyougai, but listed as "new jouyou") for reference.
There's been a fork of this for a while now featuring various improvements:
Follow the instructions in the other post but use this pastebin for the actual JLPT levels and not the Jouyou list.
As the one below me commented the JLPT feature is broken in this addon, but it's not too hard to fix.
# Explanation of what I found #
I looked into the code and compared it to another version of Kanji Grid (the link in the description doesn't work) and noticed that the author of this modification had changed the use of the variable _grades with which the JLPT was previously defined but forgot to assign the JLPT list to the _jlpt variable they exchanged it for. So all that's actually needed to fix it is to define the variable _jlpt as the list previously defined as _grades.
# How to fix it #
1. Navigate to your addons folder (for windows default is C:\Users\user_name\Documents\Anki\addons).
2. Open the file Kanji_grid_modified.py with notepad or equivalent
3. Add the code from this link http://pastebin.com/MBYpUY1W right above "class TestedUnit:"
and easy as easy as that JLPT now works
# Or if that's too hard #
If you don't want to fix it yourself I uploaded a fixed version here https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/945947966
This fix upload will be removed if the author updates the addon themseleves.
Everything mostly works fine and coming from the old addon, being able to make a grid for all my decks was the only thing I wanted. The only issue I have is when I try to sort by JLPT level, I get an error.
I was annoyed because I have more than one Japanese decks that I study regularly, but I couldn't see the kanji stats from all of them. This is really useful. The only thing I think its lacking is sowing a total kanji count.